1xCMS - Content Management Software
Our CMS solutions are designed to meet enterprise grade requirements: Fast, scalable, secure, easy to use, and can be integrated in any IT environment. The most common functionalities such as content types, media management, user roles and permissions, flexible content creation, etc. are available out of the box. The CMS software is available as a coupled version including a frontend and as headless CMS.
Manage and serve all your content to all your digital channel, with an easy to use Content Management Software
The most important factor of any CMS is, that you can easily create, manage, and edit your content with a system that your editors love working with. Then, you must be able to easily serve the content as a website with a coupled CMS, with an API as a headless CMS, or as structured content to any other digital channel.
With 1xCMS this functionality is delivered out of the box and you fully concentrate on the features you need for your CMS to make it the best possible solution for your business.
1xCMS is an easy to use, powerful solution to manage your content. The CMS software can be fully customized and re-used for multiple web projects to create a consistent high-class user experience.
Why rely on CMS solution by 1xINTERNET?
Our software is built on the widely adopted open source software Drupal, the best foundation to build enterprise grade solutions. Read more about Drupal here. We are experts on building CMS solutions with Drupal and have created some of the best and most challenging websites. View our references and check out the awards we have won in the last years.
Main features of our CMS software
Beautiful and easy to use editorial experience
- Intuitive UI, low training cost
- Drag and drop functions
- In place editing directly in the frontend
- Content templates
- Automatic content checks
- Content staging
Flexible content and media management
- Standard content types such as page, news, event, location and team member section is available out of the box
- Content types can be fully customized and extended
- Multilingual and localizable
- Standard media types available out of the box, additional DAM and PIM functionality can be added easily
- Extensible permissions, roles, and workflows available if needed.
Fast search across all websites
- The CMS comes with a zero latency search
- The search can be fully extended with arbitrary filters and facets
- In multisite scenarios federated search can be enable to deliver results from all websites
Lightning fast websites and content delivery
- Granular caching possibilities
- Delivery via CDN of asses, websites, and API content
Build once and re-use for all your websites
- All code is created in a way thy you can operate multiple websites with a single CMS codebase.
- GraphQL out of the box
- JsonAPI out of the box
- Easily create custom APIs
- Arbitrary user segments
- Automatic assignment and removal to segments
- Explicit and implicit assignment to segments
- Flexible placement and retrieval of personalised content
Read more about our personalisation solution here.
Most common functionality available out of the box
- Based on all the CMS solutions we have built over the years we have carefully crafted the most common features in our solution
- Save money by not inventing what is a standard for top performing websites today
- Invest into the features that makes your CMS deliver value to your audience
Build on 100% Open Source
- No licence cost
- No vendor lock in
- All rights of the software are transfered to you
Customers using 1xCMS software
- Drag and Drop content managmenet and bulk operations
- Optimized for SEO
- All meta tags available (Standard, OpenGraph, Twitter Cards, JSON-LD, Microdata, etc.)
- Unified tracking template for integration of events in common analytics software
- Integration with any SSO provider (SAML, OpenID Connect, etc.)
- Secure storage and access to files
- Save deployments and security updates
Contact us and get a demo version
Frequently asked questions about CMS software
Should I invest in a headless CMS or a coupled (traditional) CMS? add remove
It depends on what you want to achieve.
From a cost perspective creating a coupled CMS is usually cheaper than a headless CMS. The reason is that coupled CMS solutions like Drupal come with a frontend, that has a lot of features in built. These features need to be re-created, when a custom frontend is built and connected to a headless CMS. Read more about the sweetspot for headless applications here.
The advantage of a headless CMS, is that the frontend can be developed completely independent from the backend. This is useful if you want to use the same backend multiple times, and have different frontends for each. A setup like this also allows for higher development speed and flexibility, because different frontends can be developed by different teams using different technologies (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, Next.js, Gatsby, etc.). Check out our development services.
What is important when choosing a CMS? add remove
Regardless if you build up your first CMS system or replace an existing system you should pay attention to:
1. Choose a widely used CMS
When you choose a widely used system, you have more service providers and developer talent that you can use to support your CMS. This gives you security and sustainability for your investment. Especially in the enterprise market Drupal is one of the best choices when selecting a CMS. Read more about who used Drupal here.
2. Choose an open source CMS
With an open source CMS you usually do not pay have to pay licence fees, you have not vendor locking, and you can change and develop your CMS in any way you like.
You don't necessarily save money by using an open source CMS, but you pay for services and not for licence fees. Unlike a software usage licence you can stop paying your current provider at any time and change the development of the software to another provider or change to in-house development.
Our CMS is built on Drupal, is 100% open source, comes without licence fees, and all usage rights are transferred to you.
3. Choose an CMS with strong APIs
A modern CMS should on the one hand integrate into all your other systems. These could be DAM or PIM systems, your CRM, your ERP, or any other system in your IT infrastructure, that needs to connect to your CMS. Check out our DAM and PIM solutions and how they interface with IT landscapes.
On the other hand a modern CMS needs to seamlessly deliver content to any marketing channels. These can be social media portals, commerce platforms, or any other marketing automation systems.
Without strong APIs your system will be a standalone solution and will not unfold its full potential when connected with other systems.
4. Pick a CMS with a great editorial experience
Probably the most important factor for your editors is, that the system has a great editorial experience. With a great experience the editors will enjoy working with the system, they will help each other, and you can create a much more efficient working environment for your team.
Why should I use Open Source? add remove
Our software is built with the enterprise open source framework Drupal. To us Open Source is a powerful mechanism and we apply it to all our software. Read more about it here. For our customers this means, that any software we provide is handed over with all necessary usage rights and is free to be modified, extended and uses in any desired way. There is no vendor lock in and we do not change licence cost