The old Visit Reykjavík site was built on Drupal 7 and it was time for a visual and functional facelift, this is where our team came into the picture.
1xINTERNET has been working on websites for the City of Reykjavík for many years now, and we were entrusted with the backend development of the new VisitReykjavik.is site, in collaboration and close cooperation with the team of Hugsmiðjan, which was responsible of the new beautiful design and the frontend development as well.
If you are wondering why it's important to to upgrade from Drupal 7 to 8 you might want to read this blogpost.
As part of the backend development we recreated and migrated hundreds of nodes from the old site to the new one.
The new website allows visitors to:
- browse the attractions of City of Reykjavík, including historical sites, various options to try the Icelandic gastronomy, nightlife excitements, etc,
- discover what each region has to offer,
- check out the local events,
- gather practical and useful information before visiting, including details about the City Card,
- read the recent news about Reykjavík,
- and many more.
With the help of the renewed Visit Reykjavík website tourists have all the important information they might need, just at the tip of their fingers, and they can plan their trip easier.
Custom structure for pages
The editors have the freedom to create new pages with the help of paragraphs, which let them to build their content as they want, reuse content elements and customize to every detail. They have various options to highlight specific content, and due to the reusability of the paragraphs a myriad of different pages can be created.