HEICO SPORTIV - Webshop in Drupal 8
HEICO SPORTIV needed an e-commerce solution to increase their sales. They needed to reach their clients directly but at the same time, offer Volvo dealers and interested parties an emotional and informative visitor experience. The company was looking for a professional partner with experience to build an online store and a website as well as migrating their website from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. The task was to create a modern, online shopping experience for their target groups, both B2B and B2C clients.
Who is HEICO SPORTIV and how we could help?
HEICO SPORTIV has been customising Volvo cars since 1995. The customisation programme includes innovative, high-quality and performance-oriented products for all Volvo series. The products include performance enhancements, sports rims, exhaust systems, sports suspensions, brake systems and design elements for exterior and interior. All products are designed, engineered and produced in Germany with enthusiasm and passion.
However, their old web shop did not correspond to the innovative business model of HEICO. The old webshop was built on Drupal 7, without a proper e-commerce function. The old site only served as a B2B shop solution, without payment options. Therefore the company wanted to create a new web shop in Drupal 8, that met the expectations of today's e-commerce users, with the goal to increase sales and make their Volvo accessories more accessible to their buyers, both Volvo dealers and independent customers.
Why was Drupal chosen?
HEICO SPORTIV was looking for a partner to migrate their old website from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. But above all, they wanted a partner with experience in e-commerce to implement their webshop with integrated payment solutions and other standard e-commerce functions used today. Being advanced users of Drupal, a change of CMS system was not in the picture.
Project objectives and results
The purpose of this project was to create a new website with webshop in Drupal 8, following requirements should be met:
- Professional e-commerce functionality
- Online store for both B2B and B2C customers
- Integrate payment function
- Simplifying the maintenance of the product catalog
- Enhancing the editor experience for the website content
- Integrate merchandise management system
- Integrate content management system
Main features of the new website & online store
- Import of all products from Heico Sportiv ERP System
- Enrich the products with content in a simple way, e.g being able to add rich text snippets to multiple products at once
Different price lists
- Different dealers have different price lists assigned to them by Heico, depending on their business structure. Specific price lists can now be added to specific clients.
- SOLR search was implemented to provide a faceted sitewide search for products and content
- Scrubber function added. Two pictures that are on top of each other where it's possible to compare the images with a controller
Challenges during the project
- Complex and heterogeneous product catalogue that may fit many different models/engines/transmission types and year models.
- A product can be reached in multiple ways with different URLs
- Different dealers have have individual price lists
- VAT is calculated and displayed depending on delivery address, and if the customer is dealer or a regular customer